Saturday, May 26, 2012

Countering Rome's lies about Patrick, missionary of the gospel to Ireland

May take me a while to get this new blog up and running, choosing how I want to set it up and so on, but rather than let it sit doing nothing as it has for a while now, I thought I'll just start by posting whatever happens to grab my attention.

And that just happens to be a talk by ex-priest Richard Bennett on The Real Saint Patrick.

I'd done a post on Patrick a few years ago at Faith's Corner, a review of a novel I'd just read that was based on his life. Bennett's information about his life is a bit different -- for instance in the book I reviewed Patrick didn't start evangelizing in Ireland until he was almost fifty, but in Bennett's study he started around age thirty. I haven't independently researched any of this so I can't vouch for the true facts but Bennett is presenting information straight from Patrick's own writings and his facts may be more reliable than the novel's.

But in both accounts Patrick is a very inspiring man of God, NOT A ROMAN CATHOLIC but someone the Roman Church co-opted. The real Patrick took the true gospel, not the Roman anti-gospel, to the Irish, and founded a powerful church in Ireland that sent out its own missionaries.

It doesn't have to be St. Patrick's Day to appreciate this great man of God and at the same time get a sense of how the Roman Church distorts history to serve its own megalomaniacal ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment